WILD GARLIC AND RICOTTA STUFFED CHICKEN
- 1 organic chicken, room temperature
- 250g ricotta
- 60g wild garlic, finely chopped
- 1 lemon zested
- 1 small shallot, finely diced
- 2 tbsp finely grated parmesan
- Olive oil
- 2 fennels, finely sliced
- 1 onion, finely sliced
- 4 sprigs thyme
- 3 bay leaves
- 200ml white wine
- Preheat your oven to 200 ‘C.
- In a bowl mix together the ricotta with the wild garlic, Parmesan, lemon zest, shallot and plenty of seasoning.
- Carefully lift the skin of your chicken, making sure not to tear, stuff your mixture all around the bird, if you can let the skin and get the ricotta down to the legs by pushing it through.
- Put half a lemon into the cavity, with extra garlic clothes. Rub the chicken in Olive oil and plenty of seasoning.
- In a small roasting dish layer up the fennel and onions, thyme, bay and drizzle in olive oil and season. Splash over a glass of wine. Place the chicken on top.
- Place into your hot oven and cook for about an hour, a little longer if needs be. Allow to sit for a bit before serving.